The Children's Pre-School Center is an optimal community where children, teachers, and parents support each other through loving relationships.
- We encourage exploration, discovery, and learning.
- We focus together on the love and development of children.
- We are a world community from many cultures and places.
- We are individuals in a peer community.
- We are parents and grandparents.
- We are daughters and sons.
- We are grandchildren.
- We speak many languages.
- We make different kinds of music.
- We cherish and treasure our diversity.
- We enjoy working together.
Raising young children is an enormous task that demands sensitivity, creativity, and responsiveness. Our mutual task is to enable children to become familiar with who they are, where their talents lie, what is especially challenging, how to meet those challenges effectively, how to live with others positively, and how to make the most of their capabilities.
Creativity and curiosity, compromise and problem-solving, wonder and analysis are important parts of every day. Children, their ideas, their feelings, their challenges, their struggles, their joys, and their triumphs are honored and respected here. Teachers and parents work together closely to support children on their journey through the first five years.
Frequent, open communication and a shared love of the child are key to the formation of effective partnerships between teachers and parents. These partnerships combine the professional knowledge and commitment of early childhood educators with the passion, perceptions, sensitivity, and individuality of each parent to produce a network of support and love in which each child can develop optimally. We welcome you to consider joining our community!