Child Development Program Overview
CPSC’s child development program is based on the most current knowledge of early childhood development with an emphasis on play, exploration, discovery and immersion in a multicultural community. At the heart of our program is the belief that children grow and develop optimally in an environment where they have strong, reliable and supportive relationships with the adults around them. CPSC's facility and programs are separated into three main areas with overlapping age groups for flexibility and the optimal placement of children in the most appropriate room for their personality and developmental needs. At CPSC, children are well prepared to enter kindergarten, confident in their skills and their abilities, and fully prepared to thrive in the diverse fabric of our communities.
The children are cared for and educated by a multicultural group of professionally qualified teachers in one of our three programs:
We have four rooms dedicated to our growing infants and toddlers. Each room can support from eight and twelve children, with teacher-to-child ratios that never exceed 1:4 (teacher:child).
- Ladybugs Room - 6 weeks to 14 months (class size 8)
- Butterflies Room - 6 weeks to 14 months (class size 8)
- Dragonflies Room - 14 mos to 28 months (class size 12)
- Honeybees Room - 14 mos to 28 months (class size 12)
We have four Preschool rooms with teacher-to-child ratios that change from 1:5 to 1:7 depending on the children's age.
- Hummingbirds Room - 24 months to 36 months (class size 15; ratio 1:5)
- Bluebirds Room - 28 months to 40 months (class size 12; ratio 1:6)
- Robins Room - 2.5 yrs to 3.5 yrs (class size 14; ratio 1:7)
We have two Pre Kindergarten rooms with class sizes and support that will prepare them for graduation and entering Kindergarten. The ratio in our Pre-Kindergarten rooms range from 1:8 to 1:10.
- Teddy Bears Room - 4 years to 5 years (class size 16; ratio 1:8)
- Unicorns Room - 4.5 years to 5.5 years (class size 20; ratio 1:10)