Enrollment and Fees
There is limited immediate availability in our junior and senior preschool classrooms. Contact us right away!
Enrollment and admissions occur year round. Children are accepted depending on their age, their developmental needs, and which classroom has an opening. Priority is given to children on the Wait List in date order of application received. Every attempt is made to secure a fair process for admission for all children.
The Admission process begins with a Facility Tour and being placed on our Wait List. Wait List applications require a $100 non-refundable fee and a Wait List Date secures how quickly a child will be admitted. If there are current openings, the $100 fee is still secured and a Space Offer is then presented. Please make your check (no cash) out to “Children’s Pre-School Center” or “CPSC” and mail it along with your completed waitlist application form to 4000 Middlefield Road, T-1 Palo Alto, CA 94303.
We strongly urge parents to visit the school before deciding on applying or adding their child’s name to our Wait List. During your visit, we will share our philosophy and our practices, talk about how we feel children learn ‘best’, show you a couple of classrooms, demonstrate how learning unfolds in our classrooms, discuss the benefits of open-ended materials, Kindergarten Readiness, and answer questions you might have. Our strong partnership with our families begins as one enters our facility being greeted respectfully, meeting and being toured by our Executive Director, and meeting our Business Manager as well as our administrative team.
CPSC prides itself as being one of the preschools of choice for families who come from abroad and need quality caregiving from 6 weeks old through Kindergarten. We understand the many complexities of families who move to the bustling Silicon Valley-Palo Alto area and need to register and have placement prior to arrival from other countries. We facilitate potential placement for international families by providing: a virtual tour, telephone discussions, Skype, and connections with existing families from the same country of origin.
The Admission’s process requires records of immunizations and a physician’s physical exam along with mandated state licensing forms. An Enrollment Meeting is set up between the prospective family with the child present and the Executive Director. As soon as the required documents are completed a date is given for actual admission. Just prior to the actual start date, all children’s files must be complete. This ensures the health and safety of all of our children in our classrooms.
Two Transition Visits and an Intake Meeting with one of the core classroom teachers must be completed prior to an actual start date. CPSC wants to ensure a smooth transition-entry for every child and thus, the Transition Visits, one in the morning and one in the afternoon prior to starting, are required. Partnerships between parents and our teaching teams unfold naturally as teachers are highly trained in the field of Early Childhood Education and those serving our infants and youngest toddlers have infant specialization classes.
Children’s Pre-School Center will not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, age, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other factor protected by law.
2022 Fee Schedule
|CLASSROOM||FULL TIME||M, W, F||T, TH||EXTRA DAYS|
|$2,721||$1,955||$1,307||$152 / Day|
|$2,682||$1,928||$1,289||$148 / Day|
|$2,280||$1,642||$1,093||$130 / Day|
- The Extra Day rate for all alumni is $175 per day.
- To apply and be put on our Wait List, there is a $100 non-refundable registration fee.
- Families with more than one child —attending CPSC at the same time– receive a 10% discount on their monthly tuition based on the lesser tuition amount. (Extra Day fees do not qualify for the 10% discount.)
- There is a written 30-day notice required (per contract) for families exiting CPSC.
- There is also a written 30-day notice required for increasing or decreasing a child’s schedule. A $500 fee is also charged for changing a schedule or start date (and the change is based on availability).
- All checks can be made out to either CPSC or Children’s Pre-School Center.
- Families are encouraged to set up automatic bill pay with their bank.
- Effective September 1, 2021, the COVID surcharge ($250 per month per child) has been suspended. The surcharge may be reinstated in the future if needed.