Food & Nutrition
CPSC provides a number of options for parents to provide their children with healthy food options and encourage good eating habits.
CPSC is a peanut and chocolate free facility.
- Parents provide food for their infants so that parents remain in control of what their babies eat at school.
- Starting in the Toddler Rooms, CPSC provides two snacks per day with a focus on fresh fruit, vegetables, and whole grains.
- Older children can be served a hot lunch provided by ‘Taste Nutrition’. Taste Nutrition offers healthy food options provided fresh daily, including a healthy and balanced mix of carbohydrates, meat and vegetable proteins, fresh fruits and vegetables. Parents can choose between vegetarian and non-vegetarian options. The meals are prepared with a focus on seasonal, locally available, fresh and non-processed foods.
- All parents have the option of sending food from home for their children’s lunch and/or snacks if they prefer. Each classroom has a refrigerator and a microwave so that food from home can be kept fresh and warmed at lunch time.
- Lessons on what constitutes a healthy diet are incorporated into the Toddler and Preschool curriculum.
- The Preschool program includes a garden where fresh food is grown and eaten by the children.
Hot lunch (optional)
About half of our children bring lunch from home and the other half orders hot lunches. Catered lunches are available as an additional option for children 12 months and older. The lunches are provided by Taste Nutrition which offers nutritionally balanced meals for children. The Catered Lunch option is available every day.
Morning and Afternoon Snacks: CPSC provides Morning and Afternoon healthy snacks for all children apart from our infant rooms at no additional cost to families. These healthy options provide nutritious supplements throughout the day.
Milk: Milk is brought from home for each child in all of our classrooms. CPSC advises following healthy guidelines advocating for whole milk to be served to children under the age of two year.